Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin is one of our family’s favorite recipes. When this dish is cooking it fills the house with a mouth-watering aroma. We hope it will become a favourite in your house too!
We serve this dish with egg noodles or rice, a side salad and seasonal vegetable.
- 1 onion
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 cup hot water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Cooking spray
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. (This will make clean up so much easier.)
- Thinly slice the onion and place in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Put the pork tenderloin on the onions.
- In a bowl stir together the water, sugar, red wine vinegar, sodium reduced soya sauce, tomato paste, pepper, salt and garlic. Pour over pork tenderloin.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove tenderloin from sauce, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, use a hand blender to puree the onions and thicken sauce with corn starch and water.
- Serve over noodles or rice.