These colorful Easter treats are sure to put a smile on every little bunny’s face. The nests are easy to make and children will enjoy filling the nests with goodies.
This recipe makes 12 nests.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 package Large Marshmallows (about 40/250 gr package)
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 packages Peeps, one with bunnies and one with chicks
- Foil covered chocolate Easter eggs
- Candy coated mini eggs
- In a dutch oven melt ¼ cup butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies and stir until coated.
- Allow the mixture to cool somewhat. Rub margarine or butter onto your hands and form 12 nests. Do this by forming a small ball and then making an indent in the centre of the ball.
- Place one Peep and a couple of eggs in each nest.