These colorful Easter treats are sure to put a smile on every little bunny’s face. The nests are made from rice cereal and marshmallows. Little children can help form the nests, just make sure to allow the mixture to cool a little. Once the nests are cold and firm add a little peep and some chocolate eggs to the nest.
This recipe makes 12 nests.
- 6 cups rice cereal cereal - We used Rice Krispies
- 1 package Large Marshmallows (about 40/250 gr package)
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 packages Peeps, one with bunnies and one with chicks
- Foil covered chocolate Easter eggs
- Candy coated mini eggs
- In a dutch oven melt ¼ cup butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies and stir until coated.
- Allow the mixture to cool somewhat. Rub margarine or butter onto your hands and form 12 nests. Do this by forming a small ball and then making an indent in the centre of the ball.
- Place one Peep and a couple of eggs in each nest.
More Easter posts: