These cheerful Easter cupcakes are easy to make and fun to decorate. We used a store bought cake mix and fluffy white icing for the base. Then we decorated the cupcakes with Easter candy. We made bunnies and little egg nests. Getting your kids involved in the decorating will undoubtly yield some fun and surprising results.
This recipe yields 18-24 cute cupcakes.
~ Happy Easter!
- 1 pkg White cake mix
- Eggs (as per cake mix directions)
- Vegetable oil (as per cake mix directions)
- Water (as per cake mix directions)
- 1 tub Fluffy white icing
- 18-24 Paper muffin cups
- Chocolate mini eggs
- Green edibile Easter grass
- Red twizzler pull and peel licorice or any rope licorice
- Bake cupcakes as directed on package. We made 18 full size cupcakes.
- Ice cupcakes once they have cooled.
To Make Bunnies:
- Cut one string of red licorice into two 4 inch (10cm) lengths for the bunny ears. To form the ears press the two ends of the licorice together.
- Cut one string of red or black licorice into four ¾ inch (2cm) lengths for the whiskers.
- Cut one pink jellybean in half for the nose and one blue jellybean in half to make the two eyes.
- Place the eyes in the approximate centre of the cupcake. Arrange the nose, whiskers and ears accordingly. To place the ears you may have to press them into the cupcake for support.
To Make the Nests:
- Take the edibile Easter grass and cut it into small pieces. Gently press the grass around the perimeter of each cupcake.
- Choose three chocolate mini eggs or jellybeans and press them into the centre of each grass nest.